Le document officiel (avec la signature de Damilano=http://www.vrwc.org.au/documents/RaceWalkingComRprt-Council-April2017.pdf
Race walking must show that it is ready to adapt to a changing environment. Proposals for change leading up to 2020 will put race walking under the microscope, but will also place the event area in the forefront of leading innovation for the sport of Athletics.
Following lengthy discussion, the Committee agreed the following:
1. Introduce insole technology to assist judging as soon as possible - at the latest by Doha 2019.
2. Maintain the same competition programme for 2018 IAAF WRWTC in Taicang. If possible field test the insole technology alongside current judging protocol (including the pit lane) at that event.
3. Full use of the pit lane at the 2018 U20 World Championships. Consider introduction of mixed relay (2 x 5000m) at 2020 IAAF World U-20 Championships (in addition to individual Race Walking Committee Report – Item 8.1 of the Agenda 209th IAAF Council Meeting – 12/13 April 2017 – London 4 of 4 10,000m).
4. Change international distance for race walking for 2019 and 2020 to the Half Marathon for both men and women. Maintain 10,000m race walk as distance for U-20 men and women at least until 2020 IAAF World U-20 Championships.
5. Introduce a mixed gender (2 men, 2 women) relay (4 x 5000m on the track) for 2019 and 2020 (IAAF World Championships and Olympic Games). Use pit-lane (or other penalty) for infractions. Encourage Area Championships to at least include the mixed gender track relay in 2019-2020.
6. Review distances and format for race walking events after 2020 Olympics, based on feedback from IAAF, IOC, coaches, and athletes.
Maurizio Damilano Chairman of the Race Walking Committee